Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NaNoWriMo - the Last Day

Well, only achieved 19/25 pieces of art within the month. Oh well, no worries.
Today's "writing for children" class was more interesting - we discussed creative use of words, including metaphors, similies, reptition, personification etc and the importance not to permit cliches in your work. As an aside, metaphors and similies personally drive me a little nuts. I'm not overfond of them and try to avoid them where possible. I feel they come too close to the good ol' "purple prose". Repetition, alliteration, assonance etc, I can totally get itno though, and like to use in my writing. Which I think is quite playful. With any luck, my writing style is cute and quirky - like my art.

Anyway, here's today's offerings:

Chapter 17: Mmmmm Lunch...


Chapter 18: Tiriki to the rescue



Chapter 19: TranzRail

No comments: