Monday, November 22, 2010

NaNoWriMo, day 22 - ART TIME!

Sorry for the lack of update last night. Firstly, I spent two hours fighting with my printer and trying to make it print in magenta and cyan instead of just yellow and black (eventually I pushed "restore default settings" and it seemed to work again - mental note, DON'T use compatible cartridges with Epson cx8300) then my husband had used up our bandwidth and we were running at a 56k modem speed and since it was around 11 pm by that time and I had to get up for work at 5.30am (write before work, right?) it did not seem worth the wait.

Anyway, my novel and the assorted appendices now bring my total to just over 51k.

So, time to make art!

There are 25 chapters in the book, each chapter will feature one picture. Some will be colour, others not. I'm going to sketch them all out first, and then colour the ones I really like. Or all of them.

Chapter one: Mmmmm sandwich.......


Suggestions for what I can sketch on the boy's shirt are very welcome. I was going to put a comic book on the ground too, but I forgot :(


Chapter two: Chincilla bath-time!



Here's the trick - see if you can work out the plot from the art!

No comments: