Sunday, November 4, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012, Day 4

Wordcount:  Daily = 1,772, Total = 8,712
Percentage: 17.4% (126% of cumulative target*)
 My wordcount is a little off for today, because I actually deleted a significant passage and have been working on going back and adding something that is important to any plot - conflict.

It's all well and good writing a story about keas playing around in Arthur's Pass and spending too much time worrying about food and forget about important other things - such as tension.

So,  went back to introduce in Pakari. Pakari is a "tough guy" kea, and he happens to have a significant dislike, almost a loathing, of Tiriki. Why? Well, Tiriki hasn't quite figured out why just yet. But it involves the fact that Pakari has a bit of a crush on Hewi.

Anyhow, I was going to write a longer post, but I ended up writing more than I intended and it is late and I am tired. I will just report that at one point my wordcount was over 9k. Then I deleted some. And added a bit more back in. Goodness knows if it's gonna make sense.

Good night! Tomorrow I will make a post about how to trick yourself into writing.

No comments: