Monday, June 15, 2009

Exciting News!

I achieved quite a lot of art today, despite the fact that I am busily working on my second book through Blurb.com. This one is entitled "Cute and Quirky" and is a selection of my ATCs and other art created over the last four years. Like the Illustrated ATCs book, except less diverse talents. It should be pretty exciting and is coming along nicely. I ADORE the new additions to the Booksmart program.

So with all this, you might be fooled into thinking I would get no drawing done today.

Wrong!

It's a bit of a random assortment, however:



Caruso for his owner, Shirley



Postal Pets "Stout Legged Wren" my first collaged piece in a while. Tbh, the coloured lineart has been lying around for weeks, so it didn't exactly take me too long. This one will be flying out to Janet. If she wants it!



Two IUCN "Red List" species - the Scimitar Horned Oryx which is extinct in the wild but can be purchased by personal breeders for around $1800 and apparently has very tasty meat. The other is the Ivory-billed Woodpecker. Which sadly IS probably extinct.




And lastly, it's that crazy Ostrich card I promised you.

1 comment:

JAN said...

wonderful art beautifully done