Saturday, July 9, 2011



I discovered the concept of "Toy Photography" thanks to the blog: Lens Addiction in which it was mentioned (although she had not done any of it herself). So I decided it was a fun project - after all, toys don't move and you can therefore take your time to line up the shots. I also have a rather large collection of toy animals called "yowies". My mother and I went mad collecting them, and I cannot help but wonder if we were the cause of their demise - ie: we stopped and therefore sales of them declined below which made them worth making. Needless to say, you can't buy Yowies off the shelf anymore, but the toys are still out there.

Please excuse the fact that I can't remember the names of most of these species.

Scorpion vs spider:


Beware! A snake lurks in the leaf litter...



A pretty moth roosts on a winter flower:


(note that the finger holding it in place is carefully cropped)

Eek! It's a Carpet Python!



A tiny treefrog seeks moisture where he can find it:


No comments: