Friday, August 5, 2011

Final Chimera for Summer



Whilst Summer is off in the hospital, bringing her little leorabbit into the world, I thought I'd work on her older daughter's chimerical creature. Now, this lass was a trickier one - she was born in the Year of the Ox, but her star sign is Libra. Libra is symbolised by a set of scales. Now, scales do not hybridise well. So I suggested maybe something WITH scales, but Summer decided to let the girl decide instead. And she likes monkeys.

Oxymonkey was a bit trickier than the other two. The first effort was an abysmal failure, but on the second go, this handsome fellow stepped from the page. He's more monkey than ox, and that monkey is a squirrel monkey.

I hope they all like it. And now, I guess, my commisisons for that family shall end.

Unless Summer and her husband would like one each?

And since Summer mentioned me in her blog, I feel I shall mention her blog. As you can see from looking through it, Summer is a wonderful supporter of local artists and I am sure her children's bedrooms must be truly delightful (I rather want to buy this felt cuckoo clock. If I had a child, I most certainly would, it would look awesome in a nursery).

No comments: