Monday, July 20, 2009

A week without art

And only three pieces from today:

These two critters belong to Pannya and are called "Mousalopes". The first is named Keeta and the second is Nochi. as you can see, I've done them both in different styles - Keeta in my mostly-realistic-no-outlines style and Nochi in a more colourful and toonful manner. I hope she likes them.



The third was intended for my portfolio book and is based on the novel "Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss. The beastie is a draccus - described as a gigantic lizard-cow I decided that anything like that would be quite saurian in appearance, and thus stole traits from various dinosaurs. The two faces in the top left are Kvothe and Denna, peering out of a cave. Yeh, I know they kinda look like they're floating in mid-air. I'm annoyed at myself for messing them up.


Also, I rustled up a couple of quick-draw birds, but they haven't been scanned yet. Am feeling a bit antsy because it appears my landscape and 13-min bird cards may well be lost in the post... Still, more arrived at their new homes today and I received a lovely package of art supplies from this lovely lass I met in Hawaii by the name of Laura. She and I have been corresponding via old-fashioned post and email and today she sent me some more prismas! Which is great cos some of mine are getting awfully short...

No comments: