Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Obligatory List of New Year's Goals

Every year I make a list, and every year I enjoy striking them off as I achieve them. I never get 100%, but that's okay, these are just here to keep me focused - they are not compulsory. So, here's what I hope to achieve in 2014:

Writing:
Complete "Tail of Two Scions"
Edit/Rewrite passages of "Tiriki's Great Escape"
Participate in NaNoWriMo 2014 (this one is a "maybe" and will be determined on how much of the above I get completed first).
Reflections Anthology - prepare for release in June
Get short-listed for the Sir Julius Vogel award and attend Conclave2 in April (24-27th)

Art:
Design the cover for "Tiriki's Great Escape"
Re-design the cover for "Aroha's Grand Adventure" so that it matches "Tiriki's Great Escape"
Keep active auctions up on Trade Me
Continue establishing a name and identity for myself in the art markets
Attend the ANZ ATC gathering in Kapiti
Continue with my Animal-a-Day Project (and start conceptualising a game)
 Try to do at least 5 commissions

Reading:
Read and review at least ten self-published titles
Read at least three classics
Read at least five non-fiction books
Read at least five titles that have been on my shelf for a while

Travel:

Attend the ATC convention in Kapiti Coast
Visit Kapiti Island

Social:
Organise a picnic
Attend (or host) at least one party
Run a scenario for beginning roleplayers

Health:
Lose about 5 kilos
Maintain optimal weight
Prepare more "real food" instead of buying take-out
Walk or bike to work at least 90% of the time
Continue my monthly squash games with Rache

Wealth:
Continue saving $200-$400 a fortnight
Start looking at houses and speak to bank about mortgages

No comments: