Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Creature Feature #1: Aardvark

I was introduced a couple of days ago to the blog My Zoetrope in which the artist is drawing an animal every day and working her way through them all in alphabetic order.

And I thought - that's a good idea, let's see how long I can make an animal ATC a day for (probably until early November, when I start working on my NaNoWriMo novel).

Anyhow, presenting #1 which is, of course, the Aardvark:

The Aardvark is a placental mammal from the Order Tubulidenta and is found in sub-Saharan Africa. It is characterised by having a long snout and tongue, and powerful claws, with which it rips apart termite mounds believe licking up the insects within.


Working alphabetically - who can guess what animal I shall be drawing tomorrow?

No comments: