Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Aesthetic Appeal of the Equine

At present, I've been watching a lot, and I mean a LOT of QI. It's great to have on in the background while I'm making art, and gives me loads of random stuff to talk about. After randomly watching episodes for some time, I have now begun completing the seasons. Anyhow, in the episode on Electricity, they put up a picture of a horse and an eel and the question was "how would you use a horse to catch an eel?" The answer was, frankly, rather barbaric, but then Stephen Fry became quite taken by the horse, and the discussion turned to how "sexy" the horse was. Which leads one to the question - what is it that makes horses "sexy"? Is it the luxurious mane? (but lions have manes and they're not often considered "sexy"). Is there something to do with the shape of the face that strikes something in the female (or homosexual male) brain? Anyhow, there is no questioning that there are some damned fine Arabian horses, with beautiful hair (try googling "Fabio horse") and one such equine is the model for my atc above.

This is a trade for NZ Flutterby, and I hope she likes him!

1 comment:

nzflutterby said...

He's wonderful!
And I love the story.