Sunday, January 15, 2012

I have never before drawn a....

...Mechanical Hound - from Fahrenheit 451.



This has the distinction of being A, the first ATC I have drawn this year (the other pieces being 8x8s) and B, being something I have not drawn before, meaning I have already fulfilled one of my 2012 goals. Admittedly, I am also going to draw a WWII warbird, to further fulfil that goal.

Anyhow, this piece is for the Reading Group swap I'm hosting on Illustrated ATCs. It was tricky to draw - and I especially like the fact that despite the name "mechanical hound" these robotic trackers do not actually need to look anything like real dogs - they have eight legs and a needle in their "face", for a start. I've seen various interpretations, some going all dog, others tending towards the spider-ish. I chose to go with hound, however, because... well, because I wanted to, I guess!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on creating one of your 2012 goals. I look forward to the warbird.