Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Something's not right...

I'm sorry about the lack of art recently. I think I've lost my artistic mojo. I just cannot motivate myself to write or draw. It's not that I am depressed - life is pretty good in many ways - I've started working at a new place (same company, new store), I've just travelled down south to meet one of the rarest birds in the world, Sirocco the kakapo... I've got a husband whom I love very much indeed and I've sold a few copies of my book (not many, but at least people aside from me are reading it). But... it's just like something is missing...

So, dear readers, if you have any advice on what I can do to reclaim my artistic drive, please leave them here. Words of encouragement also welcomed. I shall leave you for now with a picture of a pukeko, which - aside from my tutorial illustrations (see my previous post) - is the only piece I have completed so far this month:




I am also contemplating a story about a penguin.

Oh and I'm selling chimera sketches on fiverr: "Sketch your Chimerical Hybrid"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Take a walk down a nice wooded nature trail and try to be "in the moment".

Anonymous said...

I agree with the previous comment - take time out (at least 30-60mins) to sit in a natural place and be still.
As for encouragement; have you considered sending one or two of your endangered bird/animal drawings to DOC to see if they're interested in using them (brochures/website/...)? Even if you weren't paid it would be excellent advertising for you... (and you've already drawn them)