Monday, August 9, 2010

Choo-choo! The Weka Pass Railway is full steam ahead!



I designed this for a young boy in the Netherlands, whom I received as an Official (ie: random) recepient via Postcrossing. His parents work in the rail industry and thus he has a passion for trains and other large vehicles. Although his other preferences were beaches and animals and mountains, none of my cards seem to quite have the charm that a preschool (I presume) child would choose, so I decided, what the heck? I need more practice drawing vehicles anyway!

The Weka Pass Railway is a steam train operating for recreational purposes in northern Canterbury. It is run by volunteers and operates on the 1st and 3rd sunday of every month, taking people around 12.8 km of scenic landscape. This landscape includes unique limestone formations, like Frog Rock which I have illustrated here. If looms over the road too, and makes quite an impressive sight. You can probably guess how it got its name.

Anyway, look! I drew a train!

No comments: