Saturday, May 9, 2009

Dragonflies and Cuckooclocks

Two cards to show off today.

The first is for AvaElizabeth, who lists amongst her themes dragonflies, hearts, lilies, rainbows, skulls and a number of other things. I could not quite incorporate everything here - but I did manage to find a lily that was heart shaped and a dragonfly with rainbow coloured wings.

I hope she likes it.






And the second is something a little bit different. But not really!

It is for Miss who lists realistic animals and clock faces amongst a number of other very interesting topics. After utterly failing to draw Snoopy, I decided instead to take on the cuckoo clock. I adore cuckoo clocks, and actually collect them myself (Crazy Cuckoo Clock Cards, anyhow). This time I decided to go with the more realistic side of things. The cuckoo is a Common Cuckoo and it was actually drawn on a separate sheet of card, mounted on thicker board and then stuck atop the original drawing of the clock.

No comments: