Saturday, March 3, 2012

Gary Oldman

You can thank my husband for this one.

I joined a swap - "one actor, three movies" was the theme. So I got thinking... Who to draw? Johnny Depp? Nah, too obvious - others have already drawn him; Jude Law? Nah, his roles are all kind of similar. Audrey Tatou? Nah, same problem - no really stand out, outlandish characters.

So I asked my husband: "can you think of one actor that's played a wide range of roles?"

And he said "yes, that guy... I can never remember his name... but he was in the Fifth Element..." *pause, looks thoughtful* "...Gary Oldman, that's the one."

And I went "aha" and ran off and did some research.

Anyhow, here are four pictures of him:



So we've got: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead (1990); Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992); The Fifth Element (1997); Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2007)

I believe I am getting a bit better at drawing humans.

And Gary Oldman is awesome. I might make another 3 images yet. Spivey, Commisioner Gordon, young Dracula. Wanna draw Lord Shen too, but they're supposed to be human roles...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE. Love it! Especially your Rosencrantz! It's just too adorable! Great actor, great drawings.