Monday, November 16, 2009

Alphabet Twinchies


The lovely WhisperedPrayer lured me into a trade with her (bribing me with her beautiful art and a theme I couldn't resist). So here are three twinchies for her alphabet chart.

M is for Marmoset (Pygmy)
V is for Vulture
A is for Aye-aye

These were a blast to make, I could do the whole alphabet quite contentedly.

These are prismas and tombow markers on oil-paint cardstock. It was an interesting experiment because the weave is too deep for pencils to work without a great deal of blending. However, the brush markers filled in the gaps. I hope the end result is bearable!

2 comments:

Jill Buck said...

How neat! You could try doing the letters for names. My three year old is a letter fanatic (luckily they are everywhere as he is very quick to point out) and I can see something like that really appealing to him.

LemurKat said...

Funny you should say that, Jill, as I'm about to do one for a friend of mine who has a daughter called ZOE with each letter.

Just wondering if there is anything to do for "Z" that isn't "Zebra".