Thursday, September 17, 2009

I've been rather sluggish on the art of late. A lack of motivation and drive, perhaps. Luckily I do not have many commitments hanging over my head at present and can afford to take a little bit of an art break.

But here are the offerings of the last art working weekend:


Tudor Panda for Mithrill. This one took me several goes and I'm still not happy with it. Dress and posture was photoreferenced.


Native American. Initially for Kre but she wants a butterfly so I might draw her a puriri moth instead, which means this guy is up for trade. I guess my desire to draw hands has shown in the similar poses reflected in both pieces.

I attended a craft show on sunday and that was quite interesting, although I'm more arts than craft. I kinda suck at handcrafts. Anyhow, did give me some ideas for my wedding invites. So I should really get onto those.

2 comments:

Lauren T said...

I think your portraits are coming along so well. The hand on the indian seems slightly too small, hands are normally around the same size as the head.

LemurKat said...

You are 100% correct. Pity I didn't notice it... Oh well, it' not for anyone anyhow.

Kat