Thursday, February 9, 2012

Oryx

So, Reading Group had "Oryx and Crake" as one of the books. I've read it once, listened to it on audio book once and skimmed it several times for details and themes. It's a really good book.

I'd already illustrated Oryx a couple of years back for another Reading Group:




But I kind of liked the idea so I decided to stick with it. The first effort was okay, except that I coloured her hair with my inktense pencils first and they smudged everywhere, making her ppear rather dirty:


Plus I inked the rakunk and not not her so it kinda looks wrong.

On to attempt two:



Which I am quite pleased with, although maybe I need to add a bit more shading. I have the most difficulty with colouring humans. It's hard to get skintone at least vaguely accurate.

No comments: