Friday, December 9, 2011

The Return of the Giraffe/Zebra/Elephant thingy


You may remember, I was commissioned back in July to create a hybrid beastie for the girlfriend of a fellow called Andy. Indeed, my husband found the listing on Metafilter, and pointed the chap in my direction - and he chose me. Anyhow, he thought he would like another critter as a Christmas present. However, he has left it a wee bit fine... I got the email on wednesday, started with the lineart that evening (whilst watching "Rio" which was such an awesome movie that not a great deal of sketching got done) and finished it up this morning, friday, in time to make the 5pm post pick-up. Whew - now all it has to do is get to Canada in two weeks or less...

Anyhow, this is a combination of Elephant/Giraffe and Zebra. Which is fine - but the challenge was that I had to make it different from the previous one. This was actually harder than you might think. The zebra stripes had to stay, obiovusly, as did the giraffe spots, and the only way to really do the elephant was with its trunk... Anyhow, this is the result:



I think I like it better than the first one, actually. I hope he doesn't ask me for a third one, I'm not sure what else I can do with it! It'd have to be a zebra head, I guess...

No comments: