Saturday, May 7, 2011

Comic teaser


So, when I received my proof copy of "Aroha's Grand Adventure", I realised that it had five blank pages at the back, due to the fact that they bind in clumps. What a waste of space, I thought. What can I put in it? I had already included the short story I had written about Aroha and her little brothers and sisters, so I decided that I would write up a four page comic.

The storyline is pretty simple, there is only one word in the entire text and it was a wee bit of a fun challenge for me. Am I going to share it all here? No way ^^ You'll have to buy my book!

Okay, I relent, here's the first page:

For those of you that don't know the story, Aroha's the girl weka, she has eyelashes (in the comic, for easy-ish identification), and a band on her right leg. Maru's the boy weka. He met her on her adventures and spent most of the book trying to impress her.



Suspenseful, isn't it? Will Aroha accept the flower, or will poor Maru be spurned again?

No comments: