Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chimerical Critters for the Wylie family

As part of my Art For Christchurch fund-raising project, I offered up commissions of chimeras. And I got a lovely request from Daryl to draw cards for each member of his family.

And here they are:

1. Dragon/Seahorse


One of my characters, Rhapsody Wavedancer is a dragon based on the sea dragon fish species, but I did not want to draw her here, so this fellow is perhaps her younger brother.

2 .Cat/Owl


This one is a bit of a classic hybrid - what would happen if the owl and the pussycat happened to have a child? This is the third I've drawn, and easily the one I'm happiest with.

3. 2 New Zealand animals of your choice hybridized together


Always a tricky one this one, because most of our truly unique animals are birds, and hybridizing two birds is a challenge in itself. So I decided to evade that issue by taking two of our most unique creatures - the kiwi and the tuatara. I've done it before, but this one worked out much, much better.


4. Canada Lynx/ Bird of Prey


Lynx and bald eagle - the good old bob-tailed gryphon!

If you wish to commission your own hybrid creature, I am selling a commission on Felt at the moment:
I will draw your hybrid mutant creature

No comments: