Argh, they've gone and reformatted blogspot on me. I liked the old layout - I was used to it!
Anyhow - where have I been, you might ask? Well, I've been working on my Epic Lemur Novel and preparing book one for release. Indeed, I am about to order my first proof copy. Very exciting stuff! It's still quite incomplete - I'm missing the map and several interior illustrations, but I wanted to get my hands on a physical copy for editting the text. It is so much more satisfying to edit in an actual book. Whilst I can use the kindle somewhat for labelling mistakes, actually writing on the paper is easier. Also, the most exciting thing in the world is holding the first printed copy of your manuscript. Seriously, it is!
So, what can you expect from "Lemurs: Fellowship of the Ringtails"
- around 80k words
- a number of almost full-page interior illustrations, all black and white, featuring the characters and creatures of Madagasika.
- and, of course, Epic Fantasy - with lemurs.
Here's a piece I made for the first page (I made it in colour, but it's greyscale in the book, of course).
Now, to bed! Tomorrow I have rather a few more illustrations to begin on.
In no particular order:
- Chike the vervet monkey
- Blanche the white sifaka (not a silky)
- ring-tailed mongoose
- Kaikitra the fossa
- pied crow
- Mena the komba (adult male)
- Ophelia, Kelyloza and Aurelia
- also a few pieces of lineart for the chapter endings that have too much blank page!