Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hummingbird

It's been a while since I updated. I am actually working on a commission at the moment. It's a moderately complicated one, and I'm awaiting feedback and colour confirmation on my linework. Anyhow, you'll get to see it eventually.

But for now, here's a hummingbird that I made for my mother's birthday.

I'm not sure of the species - I googled "red hummingbird" and found it. I'm not even sure if it's an authentic photograph or a photoshop job. I'd not heard of red humminbirds, but that's my mum's favourite colour, so I figured I'd look it up.

6x6 inches.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.rubythroat.org/otherspeciesmain.html this site might help you

Hannah Berg said...

A beautiful drawing!

I'm sure there are hummingbirds that are predominantly red. My local (Arizona) guidebook only lists four kinds of hummingbirds, but we have many more kinds here and I've even seen ones with red caps, which we're not supposed to have.

Lots of birds are returning right now, but I haven't seen a hummingbird yet.