Tuesday, November 6, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012, Day 6

Wordcount:  Daily = 944 , Total = 10,984
Percentage: 22% (110% of target)

Well, a disappointingly flat day, writing wise. Although I can feel a bit of the story, and am getting to know the characters, the spark to write has not yet ignited. It might be the weather - it is rather nippy at the moment, typical spring - one day so hot you're in shorts and a tee, the next day you're hugging a hottie. Either that, or the story is just not going anywhere fast. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. So far, it's hard to say - I think the story is okay - although I'm not sure how coherant it is as a whole since I keep sneaking back to write things and rearranging chapters... Anyhow, I've fast tracked it along to spring now, to try and get the ball rolling. I'm still ahead of target - but I'm slipping - there's less than 1000 words between me and the required-per-day-total... Still, maybe tomorrow will be more productive.

Getting up early has been harder than in previous years. Twice now I've rolled over and reset my alarm clock to allow me another 15 minutes sleep. Maybe I've just lost it. I've finished and published two books to mediocre appraisal. Maybe it just means the drive has gone. Maybe I just no longer care.

I'm not going to put up a quote for today - I doubt anyone is reading this, and even if they were, most of the interesting stuff was written last night. Now Tiriki is just talking with his dad about some missing eggs.

Maybe I should drama it up a bit. But... too cold right now, time to sleep.

No comments: