Sunday, June 28, 2009

Colourful Landscapes

It has been a quiet few days as the evenings have been too cold for art, and the days I've been at work. Today, however, was the first day of the weekend. However, as our international postal rates increase next tuesday, I'm in a bit of a rush to get as muich out as I can.

Now I don't draw a lot of landscapes - usually because my use of saturated colour tends to make them look artifical and fake.

However, this is for the "Colourful Landscapes" swap. I signed up for this because I need to practise landscapes and you seriously cannot get any more colourful than Hawaii.

These colours ARE NOT exaggerated (much). Some of you may recognise these places.

Kauai
Red Rocks at Waimea Canyon



Kalalau Valley



Hawaii (the island)
Devastation Trail (Volcanic stones)


Onomea Bay (east coast, near the Botanic Gardens)



Also today I worked on a new "favourite artist" piece. This time doing a parody/pastiche of Frida Kahlo's work.

I present to you: Lemur Kahlo



To work on ASAP:
May PAT (July 24th):
* Purple
* CATS
* Hot Air Balloons
* (hostess gift for Carol)

June PAT (August 18th):
* Hippoes
* Cute Male Gnomes
* Potted Plants
*(hostess gift for Tamrantula)

No comments: